The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tires Fired

I was driving to work at my usual autobahn speeds cos I was late. I'm driving down the exit ramp pretty fast when i heard a "pop" sound and the car suddenly skidded. I was good enough to pull out of it and luckily the cars around me were none too close. At that point, I had a pretty good idea that something had happened to my tires but I was too late for work and wasn't in a position to find out.

Drove all the way to work and chucked it to the valet. During my break, they came in to tell me that my rear tire was punctured. At my next break, I went to inspect it and lo and behold, the damned tire was as flat as a pancake. Fantastic.

Thank god for my AAS (Automobile Association) membership - I called the 24 hour roadside assistance service and the guy came at the end of my shift and spent 30 sweaty minutes changing the tires. I can't imagine me doing that in my work getup. Picture a girl in a cocktail dress, wrestling with the car jack and wrench... mind boggling eh? Anyway, I was expecting to have to pay through my nose for the service, but what do you know, it was free! Woo! I knew paying for membership would come in handy one day.

This little incident was amazingly draining even if I didn't do any physical labour. That I will have to go repair the tire and change it back tomorrow is too much to think about. But that's another day's adventure!

No comments: