The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year Party

I had to work New Year's Eve, and I wasn't a happy camper, but I accepted that as the lot of a "lounge singer" as my friends call me nowadays. I had called around to see where I could head to after work, but apparently all my friends were lightweights and had left or were leaving by the time I called (it was only 1am, by the way!!!)

Anyway, I decided that (1) since we hadn't gotten together for our traditional Christmas / New Year's party and (2) I had tons of wine and booze left over, I would host a New Year Party at mine on my day off (2nd Jan).

I've just come off that party and I had a great time. I've hoarded a few bottles of wine but never had the chance to open them until tonight. Finally, I got to drink them. Nothing like friends and good company to enjoy the good wines that I got.

The shocker is that one of my good friends had broken up with her boyfriend on New Year's Eve. I thought they were happy, she thought they were happy, but apparently he didn't. I'm simply amazed and just a little flabbergasted. I thought they would be issuing wedding invitations in 2006, but apparently this was not to be!!! It just brings me back to my ex and thinking about our relationship, if you can call it that at all. I guess it just brings home the fact that you can't trust what you see, and that nothing really is for the long haul. Call me cynical, but that's how I feel after all my experiences.

Anyway... I realise that it's 2006 and that I haven't really made any New Year's Resolutions...

Here's a few that I really hope to make come true this year:

1. Get a job that pays well so that I can save money and move to Canada / US / London (which ever country will have me)

2. Get out of Singapore

3. Ski

4. Meet new people and maybe meet The One

5. Write original songs and get a recording contract.

I'll leave you to figure out which ones are real and which ones are fantasy... So if you're reading this... I've tagged you - what are YOUR top 5 resolutions for the year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not move to California?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Better yet...move to Toronto!! :):) Been meaning to write you back. Sorry! But will see you soon??

ylisa said...

Find me a job in Toronto and I'll move asap!!!