The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hangover From Hell

Notice a similar theme cropping up...

Was out again last night with Arlene, Daniel, who came to see me sing. Danny came along soon after and the surprise show of the night was Nicole. We went to Thumper (where else, with this crowd) and had a hard time getting in. The door bitch wouldn't let us in without paying cover, and the guard wouldn't let us in the VIP room, even though I've always partied in there. Anyway, managed to call someone to get us in and we finally got the night under way.

They started plying me with Chivas, McCallan, and other whiskeys. I hate whiskey with a vengeance, and not cos they give me a hangover. I will only touch the good shit, and trust me after you've had the good stuff, you can never drink JD, Chivas, or 12 year old malt again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This is where I left the post to do some serious porcelain goddess worshipping)

I keep saying I'm never gonna drink whiskey / scotch again. Honestly, I didn't have that much to drink and I've done more, but the hangover was hell. I couldn't keep any food down till I had my charcoal pills. After that, life just went along merrily... with the aside over... back to the night's story!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole world and his brother was there at Thumper Friday night. Alan and Ed were there, and they were grilling this Japanese girl about selling underwear, schoolgirl uniforms and other sex related stuff. Sad gits. :)

As the night progressed and we got happier, I started talking very loudly, in various accents, but mainly a Scottish one (seeing as Arlene's from there, and we're drinking Scottish Malt Whiskey). I think I embarrassed myself enough in front of everyone, but they were kind enough to tell me I was charming but hilarious.

Danny got hit on by this chick Nicole had met a week ago. Now she was attempting an accent as well, but it was so inconsistent - you know it's fake. Poor Danny had to fend her off, and I don't think she was getting the hints from me and Arlene!

Somehow, I got dragged off to Velvet at 3am, but when we got there, the place was starting to empty out. I protested, and found another drink placed in my hands. Trying to escape from the cadre of the guys who dragged me there was fairly difficult, until they chucked us out of the place. I was going to get into a cab, when one of the guys got in with me. I thought he was going to be gallant and see me make it home safe, but he had other ideas. He tried getting me to go to his place, claiming that I was too drunk to make it home. I decided arguing was pointless and got the cab to drive to his place, and after that told the cabbie to make a run for my home! :) Sadly, I had to pay for the extra mileage but oh well. Better that than actually having to fend off any other advances.

Now that the story's told, I'm off to get stuff done for Chinese New Year and move on with Plan B.

No comments: