The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Champagne Hangover

Funny thing about champagne - it doesn't matter how much or how little I have, it always gives me a headache and the runs the next day.

I was going to call it an early night last night after work (the coffee lounge was empty, I felt silly singing to no one). Then SMSes from Arlene and Daniel saying, we're at Thumper, come on over. So I thought, what the heck. One drink, then I'm outta there.

As usual, I'm having too good a time, and meeting new people to leave after one drink. I met two girls from the Crazy Horse cabaret, and I got on really well with Axelle, the french girl. I'd used my very rusty French on her as well, and amazingly was able to converse fairly well. Not fluent, but it wasn't bad either. In any case, we'd swapped numbers and agreed to meet up during the days to hang out and do stuff.

I am rather astounded at the fact that in the past few months of mad partying, I've managed to swap more numbers with girls than I have with guys. What does that say about the state of guys here?

Anyway, January is the month of homecoming! My friends are all coming back to Singapore for a visit - I'm really excited, and can't wait to see them again! Ian's back in town already for 3 weeks - the poor bugger can't deal with the winter in UK. Jac will be back for a few days late Jan, and Liying, my bestest friend in Toronto, will be back for 2 months during Chinese New Year (CNY) with baby Jacob! Hooray!

Guess I'll have to cut the parties (my liver's thanking all of you) and spend quality time with my friends!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Champagne does the same thing to me unless I say the following toast first:

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends" then everything works out.

Nice goals for the upcoming year. Kind of exciting. Keep singing.

D