The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Rude Recruitment Agent

I got woken up this morning by Paul from Horizon Management Services (SG). I'd sent in my CV for a Comp & Ben Manager position and they were calling me up to chat. Here's the conversation; I'm amazed that this guy even *has* any clients!!!

Me : (sleepy) Hullo?
Paul : Hi, is this a convenient time to talk?
Me : (sleepy but making myself think) Sure
Paul : I see you're applying for the C&B job, can you tell me how many years of experience you've had in that field?
Me : As many years as I have been consulting
Paul : So that's 4 years
Me : Yes
Paul : So what's your last drawn salary?
Me : I'm sorry, I don't think that's relevant to our conversation right now
Paul : My client needs to know what your last drawn salary is
Me : Well, that's still not necessary right now. If your client wants, I'm sure he can find out
Paul : Obviously you're not giving me enough information, fine, thanks, bye. *he hangs up*

Honestly, I have never seen such rude or unprofessional behaviour for someone in the mid level recruitment industry!
1. My last drawn salary is MY own business. Salary is based on the job size, as well as prior qualifications. And should not be a percentage of your previous drawn salary.

2. Even if he didn't want to pursue this any further, he could have been more polite about it. Obviously he has no people skills whatsoever and I'll be amazed if he places anyone. Unless they're desperate.

One company blacklisted in my book.

No comments: