The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

And The Oscar Goes To...

Me!!!

I'd like to thank my hairdresser, my make up artiste and of course, all my friends out there...

(If you're wondering if I've lost my marbles, read the post on All Men Are Bastards)

I'd prepped well for dinner - made an appointment for a haircut and got my LBD (little black dress) from the dry cleaners and put on my war paint.

I got there and they were sitting next to each other, though not touching or holding hands. I honestly couldn't tell if they're at the just dating phase or going out phase. In any case, I'm sure they didn't want an awkward situation so they probably avoided any show of affection.

I was my usual self - sunny, chirpy and without a care in the world. As if nothing had ever happened. I'd told myself that I would be civil and talk to them if the talked to me. And I did talk to her. He didn't say a word. In fact, he still couldn't look me in the eye. I wonder why. Hah.

The funny thing though, is that she is just like me, personality wise. (and not to sound bitchy, not as cute). Stating that we're very different people as a reason to break up is then extremely lame. I can't help but wonder if she's a replacement cos he can't have me, or if he's just attracted to our types of personalities. Saying that, I don't even know if they are going out or not, or just 'dating'. Somehow if it's the former, I find it a lot harder to swallow.

My therapy for this week is to look myself in the mirror and repeat 10 times "I'm better off without him cos I deserve better than that!" (or similar variation). If I tell myself that long enough, I will finally believe it!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Love "the little black dress and war paint".

Good for you as well not telling that recruiter what they wanted that is bogus.

Will bring plenty of dry socks...

Thanks for the comment.

Scott

Scott said...

Hey, got your comment on my blog and since you have no email link.... the skiing around Toronto is pretty weak, but around Montreal you have Mt Tremblant which looks like Whistler and is a great place to ski... great terrain and you get to speak French so its all good. Vermont is an hour or two further and has great skiing.

The closest thing to Toronto is called Blue Mountain but it is not a real mountain. Nothing compares to the West.

Take care...

Scott