The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Nutcase admirer?

I was walking around the train station today, looking for the cafe where my friends were waiting. Because I normally drive, I hadn't seen the new mall they put in, and was rather lost.

When I was looking around, this guy approached me and asked me for directions to an office block in the area. I'd just come from there, so I was able to give him some directions.

Then 'cause I figured he might have seen the cafe where I'm supposed to meet my friends, I asked if he knew where it was. He shrugged, pointed in the direction I was going and said he might have seen it there. All of a sudden, he started introducing himself and I thought, 'Hmm. What is he after? Some sales guy maybe?'

I was completely shocked when he asked for my number. The look on my face must have been pretty revealing and he quickly assured me he wasn't an insurance salesperson or anything like that. Because he looked like he was trying to market something and also 'cause I was late, I decided to give him my number to get rid of him quickly. Stupidly, I didn't think and gave him my REAL number.

About half an hour later, I got an SMS asking if I'd found the place I was looking for. I naturally ignored it. Now I'm wondering, good god, could he be some evangelist lying in wait for people to save?

Later that afternoon, I received no less than 3 calls from him. Then finally, a couple more SMSes, none too subtle, asking if I'm out meeting my boyfriend. This from a complete stranger. Complete nutter more like.

I mean, yes I did wish for men to date, but not the damned psychos (or to be more accurate, the socially inept)! The way he asked for my number was so abrupt I really didn't think he was trying to pick me up - in a train station at 4pm. Man, I'd better start qualifying my wishes.

You'll be glad to know that I lied and told him I'd just finished dinner with my boyfriend. Hopefully, that's the end of that.

1 comment:

S* said...

Muahhah! I love your blog about your private lil harmless stalker. why don't you just come over to Turin for a holiday? will take your mind off breakups and get to meet italian stallions or something..