The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Flu Induced Misery

I have succumbed to the flu bug. Last night I was singing and in the final set was barely croaking in tune to the songs. It felt as if someone was scraping my vocal chords with a dozen sharp knives. Thankfully my pianist was such a sweetie, he saved me by playing long solos and a few instrumentals.

I'm off the hook for the rest of the week - unfortunately I get lots of pay docked for not singing. But what can ya do? Hopefully, my voice has enough time to rest. I've been medicating on NyQuil and DayQuil (hooray for strong drugs!) - that seems to help quell the symptoms but I just want to stay in bed all day. :(

Other miseries to share include having to see the ex at an exhibition. I don't know why, I thought I was completely over it but that just brought on a sudden bout of depression. I let myself have a good cry (get it over and done with) and wrote more soppy lyrics. You will hear it when I put music to words.

I don't think I would be upset if it weren't for the flu bug. There - blame it on that silly virus. It's gotta be good for something after all.

As a sucker for punishment, I am going out for alcoholic drinks with my 'big brother'. I need a stiff one. (By that I mean a stiff drink, you know who you are!!!)

1 comment:

S* said...

mixing drugs with alcohol is NOT a good idea honey - why don't you just stay home and watch the next season of Lost or something?