The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Quick thoughts

All of a sudden, I'm thinking about the ex again. Not obsessing over the meeting, but rather thinking of being friends and how I feel as if I've lost a really good friend. I still miss the things we do together and sometimes I think he's still one of the best people to get advice from (when he's with us on earth and listening).

I don't know if I'm ready or not to deal with him as a friend, because comparisons will invariably be made. I don't know how to deal with things like touching and hugging him. What if we get weak? What if either of us misconstrues the other? What if I'm still emotionally attached? If I'm asking this question and having doubts, I probably still am.

Sometimes I think it's silly that these small things are so big. When you look back upon it in a few years time, or if you look upon it from the larger scheme of things, it's not really all that significant at all. I will not let this get me down again. I've spent too much time there, and I know I'm a much better person than this.

Life goes on but I really could use a good friend like him back in my life.

1 comment:

S* said...

hello honey - you have good friends already. But yeah, go ahead and try if you think you think that you guys are going to revert back to regular friendship.