The travails and thrills of being a singleton in my 30s. And probably a little whine to go with the cheese.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tardiness & Me

Yes I'm tardy. I.e. Late. As are most Singaporeans. I blame my lack of self control. I blame my parents, who always thought it was okay to leave the house the same time as when the appointment or date is due.

I was late to drinks with my friends and was made to pay for a round of drinks, which I guess I sorely deserve. If only I had more self control, self discipline when it comes to time.

Anyway - met up with SH and Jeff, whom I hadn't seen for a while. They grilled me about Pastry, having heard through the grapevine that I had a new Distraction.

We had a great time comparing stories and stuff, and I grew more blatant and asked Pastry out for supper. Sadly, he didn't take the hint and declined the invitation. His loss I guess. Then I flirted with my good friend. Oh dear. Am I drunk? Guess I'm slightly tipsy. :)

Drove home but the drive was too short. I turned around, went to the airport, but that was still not enough. I turned back to town but there was nothing going on, so I turned around and went back home again. How sad, when we planned to go out to Mambo as Zouk was closing for renovations.

Anyway - I will try to not be as late the next time. Save me some $$$ when it comes to buying rounds.

Off to bed now - good night guys!

1 comment:

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I have to catch up on your blog. Good to see you posting!

I think about you whenever I hear Half Gifts by Cocteau Twins...thanks for leading me to their music!

-Wise Diva